De bemanning van de 'Menominee' waaronder uiterst links rechtstaand Octave Loones
Generation No. 1
1. MATHILDE1 LOONES was born 09 Apr 1879 in Belgium Brugge?, and died 16 Feb 1963 in Sittingbourne, Kent.
Notes for MATHILDE LOONES:
One of 21 children. Not known how many survived. Her mother was married 3 times.
Brother Michel (Mil) was an engineer on the railway in the Belgian Congo - Still alive in 1924.
Sister Marie married a Scotsman and lived in Brentwood - name not known.
Possible brother Octave Loones - Red Star shipping between Antwerp & New York 1920 -
1924. Photo taken on board Monominee. Other ships Meissonier 8/12/1920 Rouen via Antwerp, Zeeland (renamed Minnesota)14/7/1923 Antwerp & Dagfin 23/12/1924 Calcutta via Port Said.
Also reference to Oscar ..oones 12/8/1924 on Masconomo departing Tampico, Mexico.Both Octave & Oscar born abt 1897.
Sister Janneka? info from Thelma.
Mathilde never married Eugenies father. He was possibly a Prussian ship owner - killed in the winter after disembarking from a ship returning from New York he slipped on ice on the quayside, fell into the water & drowned. (Not known if UK or Belgium). I was told she owned property & land in Antwerp which was confiscated by Government WW2.
Address 1916 - August Michiels No 4, Anvers
Child of MATHILDE LOONES is:
2. i. EUGENIE2 LOONES, b. 19 Jan 1900, Brugge, Belgium; d. 30 Jun 1974, East Ham Memorial Hospital.
Generation No. 2
2. EUGENIE2 LOONES (MATHILDE1) was born 19 Jan 1900 in Brugge, Belgium, and died 30 Jun 1974 in East Ham Memorial Hospital. She married (1) HAROLD WINN 23 Jul 1924 in Antwerp, Belgium, son of GEORGE WINN and ROSE HOUGHTON. He was born 27 Jan 1900 in 49 Shakespeare Rd, Sittingbourne, Kent, and died 21 Aug 1950 in Ambulance Gravesend/N Kent Hosp. She married (2) THOMAS ALBERT JOHN LEE Sep 1961 in Rochford Register Office.
Notes for EUGENIE LOONES:
3/1/06 Thelma said Eugenie had a cousin Rose who lived in Toronto. She also had a relative (poss cousin) Thelma knew as Aunt Janeka who lived in Barrow-in-Furness. Eugenie had a total of 7 children - only 3 surviving.
Addresses - a bungalow next to a farm Sheppey (poss 1960's). 17 & 28 Manchester Dve, Leigh. 3 & 5 Norfolk Ave, 33 Suffolk Ave, 8 Kent Ave, Leigh. Also lived in Rochford (1960's) & near seafront Canvey.
Eugenie was convent educated and apparently was trained in lace making. This resulted in poor eyesight due to dim working conditions. She qualified as a nurse and midwife.
Set of photo's St Elisabethgasthuis, Antwerpen.
Address on death cert - 109 Gooseley Lane, East Ham E6
More About EUGENIE LOONES:
Notes for HAROLD WINN:
Known as SPIDER.
Address on death cert - 17 Manchester Dve, Leigh on Sea. Place of death - in ambulance between Ship & Lobster P H, Gravesend and North Kent Hospital, Gravesend.
Info from Thelma. Harold worked on tugs as well as barges. He went to New York between 1933-39 just before Xmas & brought back a Monopoly set as a present for the children & chocolates etc.
More About HAROLD WINN:
Burial: 25 Aug 1950, Southend Cemetery grave no. 19614
More About HAROLD WINN and EUGENIE LOONES:
Marriage: 23 Jul 1924, Antwerp, Belgium
More About THOMAS LEE and EUGENIE LOONES:
Marriage: Sep 1961, Rochford Register Office
Children of EUGENIE LOONES and HAROLD WINN are:
3. i. GEORGE HAROLD3 WINN, b. 05 Apr 1925, Antwerp, Belgium; d. Southend on Sea.
4. ii. MATHILDA EUGENIE WINN, b. 26 Sep 1928, Schoeten, Antwerp, Belgium; d. 31 Jan 2002, Southend on Sea Hospital, Essex.
5. iii. THELMA ROSE WINN, b. 17 Feb 1933, Springfield Pk Dve,Chelmsford, Essex.
Generation No. 3
Photograph : Loones Mathilde, daughter Loones Eugenie and (Eugenies son) George Harold Winn
3. GEORGE HAROLD3 WINN (EUGENIE2 LOONES, MATHILDE1) was born 05 Apr 1925 in Antwerp, Belgium, and died in Southend on Sea. He married SYLVIA JEFFERY. She died 16 Feb 2003 in Southend on Sea.
Child of GEORGE WINN and SYLVIA JEFFERY is:
i. SANDRA4 WINN.
4. MATHILDA EUGENIE3 WINN (EUGENIE2 LOONES, MATHILDE1) was born 26 Sep 1928 in Schoeten, Antwerp, Belgium, and died 31 Jan 2002 in Southend on Sea Hospital, Essex. She married RICHARD COOPER 02 Jun 1956 in St James Church, Leigh on Sea, Essex, son of HERBERT COOPER and IVY PARMENTER. He was born 22 Aug 1928 in Newham, London, and died 28 Jan 2002 in Southend on Sea Hospital, Essex.
Notes for MATHILDA EUGENIE WINN:
Address on birth record 16i Heykaut Str, Schoeten lez Anvers.
Work at Post Office in Leigh.
Worked at Ecko 1950's .
Worked as auxiliary nurse Rochford Hospital during 1960's.
Worked at Lesney Matchbox factory, Rochford during 1970's (wire welding dept then in the office)
Info from Thelma - was one of twins. Met Richard at Thelma & Bob's wedding.
Notes for RICHARD COOPER:
Military service - 26/9/1946 - 28/11/1948. Enlisted at Colchester T A. Record of service - GIC 26/9/1946 - 6/11/1946, Essex Regt 7/11/1946 - 4/4/1947, 1st Northamptonshire 5/4/1947 - 28/11/1948. Demobbed 29/7/1948. Rank Corporal. Home address 61 Gwendoline Ave, Upton Park, London E13.
Worked at Ecko Plastics, Prittlewell then after being made redundant worked for Rochford council. Was a car mechanic then worked as a machine tool fitter in plastics (1970's & 80's)
More About RICHARD COOPER:
Burial: 06 Feb 2002, Southend Crematorium
Military service: Bet. 26 Sep 1946 - 28 Nov 1948, Corporal 19070874 GIC/Essex/1 Northants
More About RICHARD COOPER and MATHILDA WINN:
Marriage: 02 Jun 1956, St James Church, Leigh on Sea, Essex
Child of MATHILDA WINN and RICHARD COOPER is:
6. i. JOANNE VANESSA4 COOPER, b. 27 Sep 1959, Rochford, Essex.
5. THELMA ROSE3 WINN (EUGENIE2 LOONES, MATHILDE1) was born 17 Feb 1933 in Springfield Pk Dve,Chelmsford, Essex. She married ROBERT EDWARD HILL.
Notes for THELMA ROSE WINN:
Born Springfield Park Drive, Chelmsford. She was delivered by her brother George. The house backed on to Chelmsford Prison, Thelma can remember sitting in her pram and the prisoners used to talk to her through the fence. The family was evacuated to Gourock, Scotland and stayed there for 11mths (WW2). They lived with Mr & Mrs McCloud and their son Angus. They left because of the bombing of the Clyde.
Children of THELMA WINN and ROBERT HILL are:
7. i. DENISE EUGENIE4 HILL, b. 22 Aug.
8. ii. CAROL BETSY HILL, b. 01 Dec 1955.
iii. DOUGLAS ROBERT HILL.
iv. KEITH WILLIAM HILL.
Generation No. 4
6. JOANNE VANESSA4 COOPER (MATHILDA EUGENIE3 WINN, EUGENIE2 LOONES, MATHILDE1) was born 27 Sep 1959 in Rochford, Essex. She married (1) GRAHAM VICTOR DRAKE. He was born Jun 1960 in Rochford, Essex. She married (2) NEIL RODWAY. He was born 1958 in Rochford, Essex.
Children of JOANNE COOPER and GRAHAM DRAKE are:
i. KATHRYN ANNE5 DRAKE, b. 01 Nov 1988, Rochford Hospital, Essex.
ii. ANTHONY GRAHAM DRAKE, b. 17 Jul 1991, Rochford Hospital Essex.
7. DENISE EUGENIE4 HILL (THELMA ROSE3 WINN, EUGENIE2 LOONES, MATHILDE1) was born 22 Aug.
Child of DENISE EUGENIE HILL is:
i. BIANCA5 GARCIA.
8. CAROL BETSY4 HILL (THELMA ROSE3 WINN, EUGENIE2 LOONES, MATHILDE1) was born 01 Dec 1955. She married RICHARD MANN.
Children of CAROL HILL and RICHARD MANN are:
i. JAMES5 MANN.
ii. SEAN MANN.